Veepee/Privalia: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Saint-Denis-based marketplaces Veepee and Privalia. Here you can find information on how to request a Veepee/Privalia account, how to configure these channels on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
Channel-specific requirements and exceptions
|Founded||January 16, 2001 (Veepee)|
|Founder||Jacques-Antoine Granjon (Veepee)|
|Headquarters||Saint-Denis, Seine-Saint-Denis, France|
|Area served (orders)||Europe|
|Area served (shipments)||European Union (EU)|
|Revenue||EUR 1.7 billion (2020)|
|Number of monthly visits||circa 2.7 million|
|Commission||15-20%, depending on the category|
|Payment||merchants are responsible for initiating the cash-out of their gains, which can be collected 14 days after the order is shipped|
|Product categories||books, fashion, cooking, DIY/gardening, electronics, erotic products, food, furniture/interior design, games/toys, household appliances, jewelry/watches, kids/babies, cosmetics, pets, shoes, bags, luggage, sports equipment, refurbished products|
|Input language||French, Italian, Spanish|
|Minimum number of SKUs||no|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||Veepee/Privalia|
How to request an account
To start selling on Veepee/Privalia, contact your Customer Success Manager at ChannelEngine. They can refer you to Veepee/Privalia, whose sales team can then validate your application before you are onboarded.
Note that Veepee/Privalia favors brands over distributors. They look for well-known brands that can offer strong discounts and a deep catalog.
Veepee/Privalia does not charge a setup or a monthly fee. However, it does charge a commission fee of 15-20% – depending on the product category.
|Product content||Marketplace fulfillment service|
|Returns (channel and merchant)|
Settings and configuration
Setting up each channel on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup.
- Create a Product selection.
- Complete the Categorization.
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers.
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion.
- Finish the Activation.
- Check the Listed products overview.
Channel-specific requirements and exceptions
Veepee/Privalia uses a platform called Pink Connect as a layer between the two systems (i.e.: Veepee and Privalia). ChannelEngine connects with both marketplaces via that platform. To locate the credentials required:
- Go to the Pink Connect back-end and click Shop channels in the left sidebar.
- Click the link that appears directly below Shop channels.
- Copy the ID associated with the sales channel you are configuring on ChannelEngine. E.g.: Veepee France, Privalia Italy, etc.
- Next, click your profile name at the top bar.
- In the box that appears, click your profile name.
- Copy the value in the Token field.
- Go to the Setup page of your Veepee/Privalia channel.
- Enter your Pink Connect Shop ID and Pink Connect API token in the Connection section.
- Click Save.
The only unique advanced setting is Export returns as, in which you can define if your returns are exported as returns, returns including shipping costs, or refunds.
Categorization on Veepee/Privalia is straightforward, and all categories are listed in the language of the channel you selected. I.e.: French for Veepee France, Spanish for Privalia Spain, etc.
All products (required)
- Brand - the product's brand. The maximum number of characters allowed is 255.
- Color - the product's color. Unlike Color normalized, this attribute is not used for filtering. However, Color is used in variations. If you do not want to group your products by color, set the attribute Is variation to false. If you have different shades of the same color, specify the shade in order to avoid duplicated references in the same variations. The maximum number of characters allowed is 255.
- Description - the product's description. Note that all variants of the same product share its description, so do not mention colors or sizes in it.
- GTIN or EAN - the product's unique identifier, which can be an EAN or a different GTIN. The minimum and maximum numbers of characters are 8 and 15, respectively.
Image 1 - the product's main image. The following requirements apply:
- Color profile - SRGB.
- Resolution - 2,000x2,000, at 72 dpi.
- File format - JPEG.
- File size - 8 MB at most.
- No text, labels, or pictographs.
- Product name - the product's title, according to the structure [product type] [brand] [variant/color] [material or flavor, if applicable] [size, quantity, or unit of length, if applicable]. The maximum number of characters allowed is 255, but the recommended number is 35.
- Size - the product's size, used in variations. If you do not want to group your products by color, set the attribute Is variation to false. The maximum number of characters allowed is 255.
- SKU - the product's internal unique identifier, usually your Merchant product number. E.g.: ABC123.
All products (optional)
- Image 2-8 - the product's additional images. See Image 1 for the requirements.
- Image URL with energy class - the image of the product's energy class label. See Image 1 for the requirements.
- Image URL with technical specifications - the image of the product's technical specifications. See Image 1 for the requirements.
- PDF URL with technical specifications - the URL to a PDF listing the product's technical specifications.
- Variation type - the product's type of variation. The options are size, color, and size/color. E.g.: if you select size, the different sizes of the same product are grouped together.
- % Tax rate included - the product's tax rate, without the percentage symbol. E.g.: 21.
- Manufacturer recommended price - the product's manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP). If the value mapped to this attribute is higher than the value mapped to the Price attribute, a strikethrough price becomes visible on the product detail page (PDP).
- Price - the product's price. If the value mapped to this attribute is lower than the value mapped to the Manufacturer recommended price attribute, a strikethrough price becomes visible on the product detail page (PDP).
Carrier mapping is required on Veepee/Privalia. These marketplaces use a standard list of accepted carriers, which is refreshed hourly. If your carrier is not listed, map its name to Other or contact your account manager at Veepee/Privalia.
Veepee/Privalia requires the prices to be submitted in EUR. If you do not have pricing attributes in EUR, you need to set a currency conversion. Note that the lowest price you can set for a product on Veepee/Privalia is EUR 5.00.
If you have problems with products not appearing on VeePee/privalia – especially if you are trying to create products –, check the Listed products section for more information.
You can either filter on Channel status (Invalid for all products that ChannelEngine has not exported, such as products with an empty EAN or products that currently do not exist on the channel) or use the Validation and feedback tab to see all known errors for specific products.
You can see detailed status reports in the back-end of Veepee/Privalia. These reports contain specific errors if a product or product offer cannot be created. To find them, go to Shop catalog, Catalog/Offers.
How often does each task run on Veepee/Privalia?
Tasks run according to the following schedule on Veepee/Privalia:
|Export product data to channel||every 60 minutes|
|Export product offers to channel||every 15 minutes|
|Import product offers from channel||every 15 minutes|
|Import product offer status||every 60 minutes|
|Import orders from channel||every 20 minutes|
|Import returns from channel||every 30 minutes|
|Export order shipments to channel||every 30 minutes|
|Export returns to channel||every 30 minutes|
Article is closed for comments.