ChannelEngine: currency conversion
About this document
This document describes the currency conversion process on ChannelEngine.
Table of contents
It is possible to convert your default currency to the currency of a channel or country-based currency of a channel. This is particularly useful for multi-country channels, such as Spartoo and Miinto.
The exchange rates for all currencies are retrieved once a day from the European Central Bank (ECB), which updates them once a day. If you want to know more about the rates used, check out the website of the ECB.
Note that the currency being converted from is the default currency of your account. E.g.: if it is set to EUR, you can set the conversion to GBP, USD, CAD, etc.
To add a currency conversion rule, go to the channel's dashboard and select Pricing > + Add currency conversion. You are then presented with a screen showing the following options:
- Name - the name of the currency conversion, used to identify the rule. It is recommended that you make this as descriptive as possible. E.g.: Amazon USD to EUR.
- Input - the name of the attribute you want to set the price rule for. By default, this is (ChannelEngine) Price, but it is possible to select other default price fields or even one of the custom fields. Make sure this is an attribute with a valid price value, otherwise price rules have no effect.
- Output - the name of the attribute you want to set the output of the price rule for. By default, this is (ChannelEngine) Price, but it depends on the field you are mapping to be used on a specific channel. If you have a custom attribute name such as Amazon price and you use that attribute in the Offer mappings for Amazon as well, both the input and the output should be mapped to Amazon price.
- From currency - the currency you want to convert from, i.e.: your default currency.
- To currency - the currency you want to convert to.
- Rounding - used to round the output of a price rule to a more commercially friendly value. E.g.: by using Round UP to nearest .99, a price of EUR 19.84 would be converted to EUR 19.99.
- Level - choose if the price rule is applied to a specific listing or to all products of a channel. Bear in mind that listing and channel price rules cannot be combined. If both are active for a product, only the listing rule is applied.