Darty: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Ivry-sur-Seine-based marketplace Darty. Here you can find information on how to request a Darty account, how to configure this marketplace on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
Marketplace-specific requirements and exceptions
|Founders||Natan Darty, Marcel Darty, Henry Darty, Bernard Darty|
|Area served (orders)||France|
|Revenue||circa EUR 7.5 million (2020)|
|Number of monthly visits||circa 15 million (2021)|
|Commission||7-16%, depending on the category|
|Other costs||EUR 39.99/month|
|Payment||every ten days, starting from the first day of the month (on the 1st, 10th, and 20th)|
|Product categories||electronics, house appliances, furniture, bedding, sports equipment, DIY, gardening, gaming, toys, and more|
|Content creation||yes, but only for Darty France via the API|
|Minimum number of SKUs||no|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||Darty|
How to request an account
To start selling on Darty, go to their Vendre sur Darty.com page and fill out the form. Once this is done, a Darty account manager contacts you as soon as possible to begin the onboarding process.
The following requirements apply:
- You must be registered in the French trade and companies register.
- You must be able to provide customer support in French.
- You must comply with Darty's quality charter.
- You must comply with French tax regulations.
Darty does not charge a setup fee, but it does charge a monthly fee of EUR 39.99 and a category-based commission fee of 7-16%. For more information on the commission per category, check out the Fnac Darty Marketplaces page.
|Product content||Marketplace fulfillment service|
|Product variations (sizes/colors)|
Settings and configuration
Setting up each channel on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup.
- Create a Product selection.
- Complete the Categorization.
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers.
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion.
- Finish the Activation.
- Check the Listed products overview.
Marketplace-specific requirements and exceptions
Darty uses a hybrid model for its marketplace, with the Mirakl platform handling content and a custom system handling offers. Therefore, setting up Darty is not exactly like setting up other Mirakl-based channels.
The process to authorize Darty on ChannelEngine is the same as for other Mirakl-based channels, using a Mirakl Connect SSO account. For more information on this, check out the Mirakl-based channels: SSO authorization article.
As Darty does not support repricing, you can leave the Mirakl seller name field empty.
The following Darty credentials must be added to ChannelEngine too, under the Setup section:
- Fnac/Darty shop ID - provided to you by your account manager at Darty. This ID is formatted as shown below.
UID A1A1A1A1-A1A1-A1A1-A1A1-A1A1A1A1A1A1 unique shop identification id
- Is qualified seller? - if you are a qualified seller (i.e.: allowed to create or update content), enable this setting. If you are not, you cannot use the mappings.
- Relais Colis client ID - if you use Relais Colis as your shipment method, fill out your client ID. If you use a different carrier (e.g.: PostNL, DPD, GLS, DHL, Fedex, etc.), you can leave this field empty.
Categorization is only needed on Darty if you want to create products or update existing product information. The categorization is straightforward, and it uses attribute names in French.
To see all Darty categories, click Browse in the lower left-hand corner of the Categorization page.
Darty does not have a long list of mandatory attributes, but in general the more content you map the higher the chances to convert. If you do not have your product content in French, consider using ChannelEngine's feature to generate product translations.
Like other French channels, Darty has a list of terms that are not allowed in product titles:
- ampoule UV de désinfection
- lampe germicide
- lampe UV
- lampe UV
All products (required)
- Constructeur vendeur (Vendor manufacturer) - the name of the product's brand or manufacturer.
- EAN - the product's 13-digit EAN or other GTIN.
- Libellé - the product's name, written in French for the French market.
- Libellé [language] - the product's name in Belgian French of Flemish.
- SKU - the product's internal variant identifier. Usually your Merchant product number on ChannelEngine. E.g.: ABC123-Yellow-Medium.
- Visuel principal - the main product image.
All products (optional)
The optional attributes are all related to additional product images, with support to up to four product images in total.
Some required attributes are visible in the mappings of individual product types. These include Description complémentaire (the product's description), which are country-specific – like Libellé. This section is also where you can map attributes like color, size, material, and the target audience.
The only mandatory offer mapping is Product state, which is the condition of the product. The options for Product state are:
- Collection product as new
- Collection product in correct state
- Collection product in good state
- Collection product in very good state
- Product is new
- Product is refurbished
- Used product in correct state
- Used product as new
- Used product in good state
- Used product in very good state
- Adherent price - the discounted price for adherent customers, that is, customers who pay a fee to enjoy benefits such as faster deliveries, better warranties, etc.
- Has free shipping? - indicate if the product can be shipped for free or not.
- Internal comment - enter a comment for internal use, if desired.
- Offer picture URL 1-4 - map image URLs to these attributes to add product images to your offer.
- Order preparation time - the number of days it takes you to ship the product, once ordered. The maximum value is 25 days.
- Overwrite logistic type - merchants can set their shipping costs policy directly in the Darty back-end, under My account, My seller settings, My shipping details. There you can find a table showing the product categories associated with each logistic type – as seen in the screenshot below. Different shipping costs can be set per logistic type.
- Showcase nr - the offer's position on your store's page within Darty. E.g.: to place an offer in the first position, map 1 to this attribute.
Carrier mapping is mandatory on Darty. If your preferred carrier is not on their approved list, map it to Other to have your shipment information submitted correctly.
If your default currency is not EUR, you can use a currency conversion to convert prices to Euro.
Although it is possible to use price rules for your products, repricing is not possible on Darty.
Why does my order have a email@example.com email address?
For information on that, check out the article ChannelEngine: why does my order have a firstname.lastname@example.org email address?
How often does each task run on Darty?
Tasks run according to the following schedule on Darty:
|Export product content to channel||every 60 minutes|
|Export product offers to channel||every 15 minutes|
|Import product offers from channel||every 15 minutes|
|Import orders from channel||every 15 minutes|
|Export order shipments to channel||every 30 minutes|
|Import order shipments from channel||every 60 minutes|
|Export returns to channel||every 30 minutes|
Article is closed for comments.