ChannelEngine: carrier mappings
About this article
This article describes the carrier mapping process on ChannelEngine.
Table of contents
It is possible and often required to map your own carriers to specific carriers supported by channels. While there are channels that have no carrier restrictions (as long as you submit a carrier name and track-and-trace link), many do have a specific list of carriers. If your shipment method does not contain a value from that specific carrier list, your shipment is rejected and the order is not marked as processed.
This can have negative effects on your seller ratings on certain channels, such as bol.com. Your orders can even be deleted and refunded after a few days. Therefore, it is very important to have your shipping details set up correctly.
To map your carriers, go to the channel you want to configure this for, select the tab Mappings, and select Carrier mappings. Select + Add to create a new mapping rule.
There are three different columns on view:
- Your shipping method - the name of the carrier used for your shipments. Note that the name must match exactly (e.g.: 'post NL' or 'NL post' would not be accepted). Once you start typing the name of the carrier, the system compares it with the existing shipping methods in ChannelEngine's database.
- Customer delivery country - relevant if you use different subcarriers per country. E.g.: DPD by itself is a valid carrier, and there are distinct subcarriers such as DPD NL, DPD BE, DPD DE, etc. on many channels. By setting the Customer delivery country, you can differentiate the carrier per delivery country.
- Channel - displays the list of available carriers for that specific channel. Note that these lists are comprised of the carrier abbreviation as used in the API of that channel, therefore some carrier names may be unclear. E.g.: on bol.com, PostNL is TNT and delivery appointment is COURIER, etc.). For more information on bol.com carrier codes, refer to the Transporters table in their API documentation.
As well as carrier codes, Amazon also lists carriers as carrier names. Some newer carriers are only available by their carrier name, which can vary per Amazon country. The exact name can differ as well. Amazon does not share this list, neither of the available carriers not their exact notation. Therefore, ChannelEngine cannot offer these options under Carrier mapping as it does with the carrier codes.
If you know the exact value of a carrier name, there are two options:
- Do not set up any carrier mapping, and directly add that as a carrier method on your shipments – so your original shipment already has the correct carrier method. In this case, ChannelEngine automatically exports it as a carrier name to Amazon.
- Select Other as a carrier method in the dropdown (1, in the image below). Once selected, an additional field appears below it and you can fill in the desired carrier name (2, in the image below).