Mirakl-based marketplaces: common errors
About this article
This article describes the most common errors with marketplaces based on the Mirakl framework, and how to troubleshoot them.
Table of contents
Mirakl provides merchants with a familiar framework across multiple marketplaces, facilitating and speeding up processes such as integration and maintenance. As Mirakl-based marketplaces work in a standardized way, the steps to troubleshoot them also tend to be the same.
You have set up mappings in the Mirakl back-end, which interfere with ChannelEngine's content export. Effectively, any mappings done on Mirakl's end block ChannelEngine's ability to create and update product content on the marketplace.
To solve this, go to the dashboard of your Mirakl back-end and remove all existing mappings.
Most Mirakl-based marketplaces perform content checks when merchants submit new product information. These checks may take from a few hours to a couple of days.
If your product shows a number accompanied by the reason "The product does not exist" on the marketplace's Listed products page, it means that the marketplace is checking the product's content. Once the check is finalized, this message should disappear and the product should be visible on the marketplace – provided that its content is approved.
If the message persists, the product content may be rejected by the marketplace. You can see detailed status reports in the Mirakl back-end. These reports contain specific errors if a product or product offer cannot be created.
Error setting HTML description
ChannelEngine checks your product descriptions for accurate HTML formatting. If the following message appears on the Validation and feedback tab: "Error setting HTML description, please check the long descriptions for invalid HTML syntax.", the reason is:
- The description contains unsupported HTML tags. The tags supported by ChannelEngine are
strong, b, em, i, br, code, h1-h6, blockquote, img, hr, p, pre, ul, ol, li.
- The HTML element is not formatted properly. E.g.: the element does not have a closing tag.
To solve this, check your descriptions for unsupported HTML elements and formatting.
Incorrect Mirakl shop ID
The Setup page of each Mirakl-based marketplace contains the Mirakl shop ID, which is filled out automatically once you authorize access to your Mirakl account on ChannelEngine. However, if you have multiple marketplaces within the same Mirakl account, you need to manually fill out the correct shop ID to avoid errors.
To locate the shop ID:
- Log in to the Mirakl back-end of the marketplace. E.g.: https://clubefashionpt-dev.mirakl.net/login.
- Navigate to the Marketplace dashboard. E.g.: https://clubefashionpt-dev.mirakl.net/marketplace-dashboard. Copy the shop ID value from the top of the page.
- Log in to your ChannelEngine account.
- Navigate to the Setup page of your marketplace on ChannelEngine.
- Paste the copied value into the Mirakl shop ID field under the Connection settings.