ManoMano: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Paris-based marketplace ManoMano. Here you can find information on how to request a ManoMano account, how to configure this marketplace on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
Marketplace-specific requirements and exceptions
|Founded||Jun 19, 2013|
|Founders||Christian Raisson and Philippe de Chanville|
|Area served (orders)||France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom|
|Revenue||EUR 1.2 billion (2020)|
|Number of monthly unique visitors||circa 50 million (2020)|
|Commission||15-25% (depends on the product category)|
|Other costs||EUR 100.00/month|
|Payment||varies according to the contract signed|
|Product categories||DIY, home improvement, gardening, and more|
|Input language||depends on the country|
|Input currency||EUR, GBP|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||ManoMano|
How to request an account
To start selling on ManoMano you need to request an account. Go to their partners page and select Selling on ManoMano. The entry requirements are listed below:
- Product offer - Tools and hardware, garden and pets, heating and air conditioning, electrical, lighting and home automation, bathroom and plumbing, construction and painting.
- Respond to customer messages within 24 working hours
- Provide order tracking to customers
- Less than 5% of orders refunded
Competition and quality
- Practice competitive pricing
- Reference top references
- Have at least three images and a complete description per product
If you are a non-EU merchant
- Have an EU VAT number
- Ship from an EU-based warehouse (unless you use your own warehouse)
ManoMano does not charge a registration fee, but it does charge a fixed monthly fee of EUR 100.00. There is also a category-based commission on every sale, ranging from 15% to 25%.
(EAN matching, but content mappings are still required)
|Returns/refunds (merchant)||Marketplace fulfillment service|
|Product variations (size/color)||Automatic relationships|
|Carrier mapping||Sales channels|
Settings and configuration
Setting up each marketplace on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup.
- Create a Product selection.
- Complete the Categorization.
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers.
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion.
- Finish the Activation.
- Check the Listed products overview.
Marketplace-specific requirements and exceptions
Once your seller account is active, the credentials to connect ChannelEngine with your ManoMano account are the same you use to log into the ManoMano back-end.
If you do not have an API key, take the following steps to generate it:
- Go to API keys.
- Click Create API key.
- Name your API key. E.g.: ChannelEngine.
- Click Generate API key.
- Copy your API key.
On the Setup page of your ManoMano channel, go through the following settings:
- API username - the same username as for the ManoMano toolbox, usually formatted as companyname_sellerid.
- API password - the same password as for the ManoMano toolbox.
- API key - the API key you copied from the ManoMano back-end.
- Use grandparent products - ManoMano does not support grandparents as a product type. The Use grandparent products option can be used to group all variants under their common grandparent – if available on ChannelEngine. Make sure to use this option only if you have grandparents set up.
- Ignore VAT on B2B orders - ManoMano allows business-to-business (B2B) orders and provides company VAT numbers if applicable, but it still submits VAT on order lines for these orders. If you enable this setting, ChannelEngine overrides that VAT and sets it to 0%, if the order has a VAT number.
ManoMano has a different configuration under Product selection, compared with other channels. Under this tab, you can see the uniform resource locator (URL) of the last product data file generated for ManoMano, in the CSV format.
ManoMano fetches all content and offer data from this file, which is generated hourly. If you want to check what was exported last, you can download the file and open it in your spreadsheet software. If a product is no longer in this file, it should be deleted from ManoMano.
Categorization on ManoMano is straightforward. All categories are listed in both French and English.
ManoMano has several mandatory attributes that need to be mapped. However, as there is no categorization for individual product types, all mappings are done under Content mappings – and applied to all products in your selection.
All products (required)
- Brand - the standardized name of the product's brand. Do not use terms like 'without brand'.
- Carriers use grid - this setting determines if the Carrier grid is enabled. ManoMano offers buyers the option to select a carrier when ordering, when available. If you can ship via more than one carrier to a specific ManoMano country, you can enable carrier grid by setting this value to 'true'.
- Description - the product's main description, according to the language of the store where it is sold. The following recommendations and requirements apply:
- Simple HTML is supported, such as li and p tags. CSS is not supported.
- Make sure to describe the product's technical attributes (e.g.: color, weight, size, etc.), as well as advice on usage.
- If you add keywords to paragraphs, do it in a natural way.
- Write at least 1,000 characters.
- EAN - the product's European article number, which must be unique. UPC-12 and ITF-14 identifiers are also supported.
Image 1 URL - the product's main image. The following requirements apply:
- The image should have at least 500x500 px.
- Drawings or illustrations of the product are not allowed.
- The image should not contain additional or confusing objects/products.
- The image has to be sharp, professionally lit, and photographed or digitized with realistic colors and smooth edges.
- The complete product has to be in the frame.
- The product needs to be on a pure white background (RGB 255,255,255).
- The image cannot contain additional text, graphics, or inserts.
- Manufacturer - the product's original manufacturer which can be the same as the brand. Do not use terms like 'without brand'.
- Merchant breadcrumb - the category tree with which the product is associated. E.g.: home/security/cameras.
- Product price (incl. VAT) - the product's price, including VAT. Do not use a separator for thousands, but do use a period to indicate decimals.
- Product URL - the product's URL on your website.
- Shipping costs (incl. VAT) - the product's total shipping costs, including VAT.
- SKU - the product's internal variant identifier. Usually this is your Merchant product number on ChannelEngine. E.g.: ABC123-Yellow-Medium.
- SKU manufacturer - the manufacturer's internal identifier. Usually your Vendor product no on ChannelEngine.
- Stock - the product's stock attribute.
Title - the product's title, according to the language of the store where it is sold. The following requirements apply:
- It must be unique.
- Include the product's specifics (e.g.: color, size, etc.).
- Order the terms in the title according to their importance.
- Avoid acronyms, words in all caps, and special characters.
- Separate terms with a space, instead of underscores (_) or slashes (/).
- The minimum and maximum number of characters allowed are 50 and 65, respectively.
All products (optional)
- Carrier default - the default carrier, which is used if the Carrier grid attribute is empty. E.g.: DHL.
Carrier default ship time - the default carrier's shipping time, which is used if the Carrier grid attribute is empty.
NB: your shipping time must be set in either a fixed number of days or a date range, formatted with a number sign (#) as the range indicator. E.g.: if your shipping time for carrier A is 2 days, the value should be 2; if your shipping time is 3 to 5 days, the value should be 3#5.
- Carrier grid 1-6 - the name of the carrier, per grid. The carrier you set here overrides the carrier set in the Carrier default attribute.
- Carrier grid 1-6 shipping time - the carrier's shipping time. E.g.: 3#5.
- Color family - the product's color family.
- Color hex code - the product's hexadecimal color code, without the number (#) sign. E.g.: 151F39.
- Color name - the product's color. E.g.: black, white, etc.
- Color position - the position of the product's color within its color family.
- Cross sell SKU - the Merchant product number of one or more products that complement this product.
- Diameter - the product's diameter, with a decimal value separated by a period. E.g.: 2.25.
- Diameter unit - the measurement unit of the product's diameter. E.g.: cm.
- Display weight - the product's weight, in kilograms.
- ECO participation - a French tax related to the recycling of light bulbs and household electrical appliances, including VAT. If you do not sell these products in France, set the value to zero.
- Free return - indicates if the buyer can return the product for free. The options are 'true' or 'false'.
- General colors - the product's full list of colors, if it has more than one. The names of colors are separated with a number sign (#). E.g.: beige#grey.
- Height - the product's height, with a decimal value separated by a period. E.g.: 0.25.
- Height unit - the measurement unit of the product's height. E.g.: cm.
Image 2-5 URL - additional images of the product. Images must have at least 500x500 px. The following requirements must also be met:
- The image must be or belong to the product being sold.
- The image has to be sharp, professionally lit, and photographed or digitized with realistic colors and smooth edges.
- Other products or objects are allowed to help demonstrate the use or scale of the product.
- The product and accessories must fill 85% or more of the frame of the image.
- Cropped or close-up images are allowed.
- Backgrounds and environments are allowed.
- Text and demonstrative graphics are allowed.
Please note that products that fail to meet the image criteria may be penalized with reduced featuring on various acquisition channels, and even suspensions from sale.
- Is promotion - defines if the product is discounted. The options are 'true' or 'false'.
- Length - the product's length, with a decimal value separated by a period. E.g.: 2.25.
- Length unit - the measurement unit of the product's length. E.g.: cm.
- Manufacturer PDF - the URL of the product's PDF manual. The manual must either be in the correct language for the market or in all languages that apply.
- Manufacturer warranty time - the product's warranty, in years. Note that this is not related to the minimum legal warranty. E.g.: 5.
- Materials - the product's full list of materials. The names of materials are separated with a number sign (#). E.g.: cotton#silk.
- Number of pieces - the number of pieces included in the product. E.g.: 4.
- Order increment value - the minimum quantity of the product that can be purchased, once it has been added to the shopping cart.
- Order minimal quantity - the minimum quantity of the product that can be purchased.
- Price per m2 (incl. VAT) - the product's price per m2, including VAT.
- Product VAT rate - the product's VAT rate.
- Recycled materials - the product's full list of recycled materials. The names of materials are separated with a number sign (#). E.g.: steel#glass.
- Recycled materials percentage - the percentage of recycled materials used in the product. Decimals must be separated by a period. E.g.: 45 or 60.25.
- Retail price (incl. VAT) - the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) for the product, including VAT.
- Shape - the product's main shape.
- Shipping price supplement (incl. VAT) - the product's shipping price, if added to a shopping cart that already contains at least one other product.
- Shipping VAT rate - the product's shipping VAT rate.
- Spare parts availability (years) - the period during which spare parts are going to be available, in years. E.g.: 15.
- Style - the product's style. E.g.: modern, retro, etc.
- Thickness - the product's thickness, with a decimal value separated by a period. E.g.: 5.75.
- Thickness unit - the measurement unit of the product's thickness. E.g.: cm.
- Unit count - combined with the Unit count type and Price attributes, it provides prospective buyers with a price per unit. E.g.: a five-liter bucket of paint that costs EUR 15.00 has a value of 5 as the Unit count and 'liter' as the Unit count type, so prospective buyers see a price per liter equal to EUR 3.00.
- Unit count type - combined with the Unit count and Price attributes, it provides prospective buyers with a price per unit. E.g.: a five-liter bucket of paint that costs EUR 15.00 has a value of 5 as the Unit count and 'liter' as the Unit count type, so prospective buyers see a price per liter equal to EUR 3.00.
- Weight - the product's weight, with a decimal value separated by a period. E.g.: 10.50.
- Weight unit - the measurement unit of the product's weight. E.g.: kg.
- Width - the product's width, with a decimal value separated by a period. E.g.: 3.75.
- Width unit - the measurement unit of the product's width. E.g.: cm.
As all product information is in the same XLSX file imported by ManoMano, there are no separate offer mappings available. Traditional offer attributes such as price, stock, and delivery time can be set in the Content mappings.
Carrier mapping is not required on ManoMano, however, you can map your carrier to a specific list of carriers that ManoMano knows. If you set up Use carrier grid under the Content mappings, these values should appear as options in your shipping method. Bear in mind that your actual shipments to ChannelEngine still require a shipment method, setting the Content and Carrier mappings is not enough.
If you have problems with products not appearing on ManoMano, check the Listed products section for more information. There is no feedback from ManoMano, so statuses cannot be imported and shown.
ChannelEngine performs some limited validation on the mapped attributes. If certain products are missing mappings or have invalid values, you can check them in the Listed product section under Reason. To see the specific mappings causing the validation error, select the Validation and feedback tab.
If products are validated correctly and are visible and downloadable in the product feed under the Product selection section, but are still not created or updated, check ManoMano's back-end.
Note that the names listed below differ, depending on the language you set your ManoMano back-end to:
- Select Catalog on the left-hand side menu
- Select Import file
- A new screen displays
- Select Upload the import report to download a CSV file named toolbox_error_report.csv
- Open that with your spreadsheet software. The delimiter should be a semicolon (;)
- The report is a simple file with two columns:
- The SKU of the product.
- The error message. E.g.: Out of stock, No image, or Invalid description.
Order extra data items
When an order is imported to ChannelEngine, ChannelEngine also fetches extra data items related to the order itself – or to order lines. This extra data is specific to this marketplace. An explanation of each can be found below:
Order extra data
The codice destinatario (recipient code) of the channel order, as taken from the billing address.
The fiscal (tax identifier) number, as taken from the channel order.
The shipping method/carrier that will fulfill the order, as taken from the channel order data.
Order line extra data
The shipping carrier that will fulfill the order, as taken from the channel order data.
* Conditional fields only display if the channel provided a value.
Can I have my feed generated more frequently to have price and stock information updated faster?
ManoMano only fetches and processes the feed every 3-4 hours, so faster updating on ChannelEngine's end does not result in faster processing. For more information on this, see the FAQ below.
Can I sell on ManoManoPro via ChannelEngine?
Yes, you can. To start selling your products to ManoManoPro customers via ChannelEngine, do the following:
- Contact ManoMano's business development B2B team and request a ManoManoPro account.
- Add a new instance of the ManoMano channel on ChannelEngine and connect with the marketplace using your new ManoManoPro credentials.
- Follow the rest of the process, adding the products you want to sell to the ManoManoPro audience.
- Activate the channel.
How often does ManoMano process updates?
The update frequency per type of data can be found below. It is advised not to include products in your selection that have a stock lower than three, to prevent out-of-stock issues caused by the offer updates only being processed every 3-4 hours.
|Offer updates (price/stock)||every 3-4 hours|
|Content updates (product data)||once a day|
|Image updates||every 7 days, plus up to 10 days of processing|
Article is closed for comments.