Orderchamp: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Amsterdam-based marketplace Orderchamp. Here you can find information on how to request an Orderchamp account, how to configure this channel on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
|Founder||Dennis Cuijpers, Joost Brugmans, Max Verduyn, Menno Wolvers, Ruud Stelder|
|Headquarters||Amsterdam, the Netherlands|
|Area served (orders)||European Union|
|Revenue||circa EUR 8 million|
|Number of monthly visits||circa 200,000|
|Product categories||home and living, kids and baby, books, DIY, household appliances|
|Input language||Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish|
|Input currency||DKK, EUR, PLN|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||Orderchamp|
To start selling on Orderchamp, go to the Brands page on their website and apply as a brand.
Orderchamp does not charge a setup or monthly fee. However, it does charge a commission fee according to the following model:
- 25% first-order commission on new retailers acquired via the Orderchamp marketplace.
- 10% on repeat orders.
- 0% for orders with your own retailers within the first months of the partnership with Orderchamp.
|Product offers||Returns (channel)|
|Product content||Marketplace fulfillment service|
|Cancelations (merchant)||Cancelations (channel)|
|Returns (merchant)||Carrier mapping|
Setting up each channel on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup.
- Create a Product selection.
- Complete the Categorization.
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers.
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion.
- Finish the Activation.
- Check the Listed products overview.
Orderchamp does not require any settings or keys to be entered on ChannelEngine's Setup page. Because Orderchamp uses the ChannelEngine Channel API, they connect to ChannelEngine instead of the other way around.
- Open your Orderchamp channel and go to the Setup page.
- Copy the API key under the Channel API access section.
- Go to Apps and integrations.
- Locate the ChannelEngine integration and click Activate.
- Enter your ChannelEngine subdomain and the Channel API key you copied previously. If your tenant's URL on ChannelEngine is sustainable-suits.channelengine.net, your subdomain is sustainable-suits.
Categorization is needed on Orderchamp, and you are required to use the lowest branch of the category tree. E.g.: if you sell coffee, do not categorize it as coffee – make sure to specify if it is coffee beans, instant coffee, coffee pods, etc.
The categorization is straightforward, and it uses attribute names in English.
Orderchamp only uses all available content when creating a new product on its platform. Updates are limited to the following attributes:
- Product title
- Product description (extracted from the parent product)
- Images (extracted from both the parent and the child products, unless it is a single product)
- Price (extracted from your feed or merchant plugin)
- Stock (extracted from your feed or merchant plugin)
It is recommended that you map as many attributes as possible. The more you map, the greater the visibility of the product on the marketplace is. This, in turn, tends to lead to a higher conversion rate.
Note that there are no Offer mappings on Orderchamp, so all attributes are listed under Content mappings.
All products (required)
- Case quantity - the number of products in the package. This is important due to Orderchamp's B2B nature.
- Images - one of the product's images. Note that the standard ChannelEngine Image link and Extra image link attributes are also submitted to Orderchamp. The first image submitted is selected as the product's primary image. Most file formats are supported, and the maximum file size allowed is 10 MB.
- Made in - the country where the product was manufactured.
- MSRP - the manufacturer's suggested retail price.
- Product description - the product's description. The minimum number of characters is 50.
- Product title - the product's title.
- SKU - the product's internal reference number.
- Storefront - the dedicated page where the product is shown, similar to a brand page. Each product needs a storefront on Orderchamp. Storefronts can be customized in the Orderchamp back-end.
All products (optional)
- Barcode/EAN - the product's 13-digit GTIN.
- Color - the product's color.
- Inventory policy - defines whether the product should remain on sale or not when it is out of stock. The options are Stop selling and Continue selling. If left empty, the attribute defaults to Stop selling.
- Option - one of the attributes that generates variants. The others are Size, Color, Material, Scent, Other (custom). Option is the generic attribute.
- Price - the product's price.
- Size - the product's size.
- Tags - this attribute can be used to create simple tags that differentiate the product. E.g.: organic, sustainable, fair trade, etc.
There is no carrier mapping required on Orderchamp. The information provided to ChannelEngine is the information passed on to Orderchamp, without re-mappings or conversions.
Orderchamp does not provide feedback via the API, so if you need information regarding the status of a product you need to contact Orderchamp.
What happens if I already have products listed on Orderchamp?
If you already have products listed on Orderchamp, their system attempts to match your child products from ChannelEngine with the ones on Orderchamp – based on their SKUs. If there is a match, the products are linked and added to the update flow. If there is no match, Orderchamp creates a variant of the existing product.
Why are my shipments stuck as 'Not exported yet'?
Orderchamp uses ChannelEngine's Channel API, ChannelEngine does not initiate the import and export of data to and from the marketplace. If your shipments are not exported and not visible in Orderchamp's back-end, something is wrong with the import of the shipment information. Please contact Orderchamp's customer service to investigate this. You can copy ChannelEngine's Support team in the email, if needed.