Obelink: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Winterswijk-based marketplace Obelink. Here you can find information on how to request an Obelink account, how to configure this channel on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
|Headquarters||Winterswijk, the Netherlands|
|Area served (orders)||Belgium, Germany, Netherlands|
|Revenue||USD 9.5M (2018)|
|Number of monthly visits||around 500,000|
|Other costs||monthly fee of EUR 39.95 (the first six months are free)|
|Payment||1th, 11th, 21th|
|Product categories||Camping & outdoor, Pets, Shoes/bags/luggage, Sports. DIY/gardening|
|Input language||Dutch, German|
|Minimum number of SKUs||no|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||Obelink|
To start selling on Obelink, you can contact Obelink directly, or go to the partner portal, and fill in the form.
Selling on Obelink comes with the following costs:
- Monthly fee - Obelink charges a monthly fee of EUR 39.95. The first six month are free of charge.
- Commission - Obelink charges a 15% commission on each sale.
|Product offers||Returns/refunds (channel)|
|Product content||Marketplace fulfillment service|
Setting up each channel on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup.
- Create a Product selection.
- Complete the Categorization.
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers.
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion.
- Finish the Activation.
- Check the Listed products overview.
Obelink is a Mirakl-based channel, so you can connect it to ChannelEngine using a Mirakl Connect SSO account. For more information on this, check out the Mirakl-based channels: SSO authorization article.
You can leave the Mirakl seller name field empty, as Obelink does not support repricing.
To configure your invoice settings, click Advanced settings. You can then click the dropdown menu Enable invoice uploading, which contains the following options:
- ChannelEngine invoices - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it automatically generates an invoice and attaches it to the shipment.
- Merchant invoices (optional) - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it exports it – even if there is no invoice attached to it.
- Merchant invoices (required) - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it only exports it if an invoice is attached to it. If not, you receive a notification.
- None - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it takes no action other than notifying you that no invoice is present.
Categorization on Obelink is straightforward, and the categories are listed in Dutch.
All products (required)
- Artikelnummer fabrikant (Supplier item number) - the manufacturer's internal identifier. Usually your Vendor product number on ChannelEngine.
- Barcode (EAN/UPC)- the 13-digit EAN or UPC of the product.
Hoofdafbeelding (Main product image) - the product's main image. The following requirements apply:
- Images must have a resolution of 1,200x900 px, 72 dpi format.
- There must be white space around images, with a minimum of 30 px on all sides.
- The preferred formats are .png, .webp, and .jpg.
- Merk (Brand) - the brand/manufacturer of the product.
Omschrijving [country] (Description)- the full description of your product. Obelink supports the use of the HTML tags hard return <br> and bold <b>bold text</b>.
Obelink (see Obelink Marktplaats Handleiding) advices you to structure the product description as follows:
- Paragraph 1 - the brand and the product name with accompanying text on what it is in 2/3 sentences.
- Paragraph 2 (emotions)- start with the user scenario (e.g.: For whom? Why do you need it?), then describe the problem, the consequence, and the solution.
- Paragraph 3 (facts) - what makes the product unique? Compare it to other products or explain the most important properties in more detail. Radiate a specialist and use power words such as: recommended by, especially recommended, our advice, our tip, advised, certified, proven, tested, warranty, approved.
- Summary - 3-4 advantages and 1 disadvantage of the product.
Product naam [country] (Product name)- the product’s title. It must be structured as [Brand] + [Product name] + [Keyword] (i.e.: type of product) – with a maximum of 60 characters. Do not add other specifications to the title. Every product must be named differently, but attributes can have the same name. Also, note that the product title must be added per country even if you are not actively selling it in that country.
Obelink Eiger 3 Koepeltent
Obelink Eiger 3 personen Polyester Koepeltent 350x250x120cm
- Shop SKU - your internal variant identifier. Usually, your Merchant product number on ChannelEngine. E.g.: ABC123-Yellow-Medium.
All products (optional)
- Afbeelding 2-6 (image 2-6) - the product’s additional images. The following requirements apply:
- Omschrijving [country] - this attribute becomes mandatory if you want to list the product in related markets.
- Variant group code - used to create variants, aka parent-child relationships, on Obelink. E.g.: a tent with different colors and/or different sizes. The following requirements apply.
- Price - the sale price of the product.
Because Obelink uses sales channels, there are optional attributes available that contain the country code: Belgium = "Obelink_be", Germany = "Webshop_DE", and Netherlands = "INIT"
- Discount start date [INIT, Obelink_be, or Webshop_DE]
- Discount end date [INIT, Obelink_be, or Webshop_DE]
- Discount price [INIT, Obelink_be, or Webshop_DE]
- Discount quantity threshold [INIT, Obelink_be, or Webshop_DE]
Price [INIT, Obelink_be, or Webshop_DE]
Refer to the Configuring discount prices article to learn more about setting up prices per sales channel.
Carrier mapping is not required on Obelink. However, you can map your carrier to a specific list of carriers maintained by Obelink. This allows for working track-and-trace links in the back-end, as well as for the buyer. If your default carrier is missing, please contact Obelink.
If you have problems with products not appearing on Mirakl-based channels – especially if you are trying to create products –, check the Listed products section for more information.
You can either filter on Channel status (Invalid for all products that ChannelEngine has not exported, such as products with an empty EAN or products that currently do not exist on the channel) or use the Validation and feedback tab to see all known errors for specific products.
You can see detailed status reports in their Mirakl back-end. These reports contain specific errors if a product or product offer cannot be created. To find them, go to My inventory, Import from file, Track offer imports/Track product imports. By hovering over the 'i' under the Status section, you can see how many products in the file were processed correctly and how many had errors, etc.
If there are errors, the last column shows a downloadable file in which they are listed. The same goes for the product file import, but this can contain multiple files because processing goes through several systems. There is also a manual check of your submitted content, which, once approved, goes to staging as well. Note that you need to map as much as possible to prevent products from not being created.
How often does each task run on Mirakl-based channels?
By default, Mirakl-based channels follow the schedule below:
|Export product data to channel||every 60 minutes|
|Export product offers to channel||every 15 minutes|
|Import product offers from channel||every 15 minutes|
|Import orders from channel||every 15 minutes|
|Export order shipments to channel||every 15 minutes|
|Export returns to channel||every 30 minutes|