Refurbished.store: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Zeist-based marketplace Refurbished.store. Here you can find information on how to request a Refurbished.store account, how to configure this channel on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
|Headquarters||Zeist, the Netherlands|
|Area served (orders)||Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, United Kingdom|
|Revenue||circa EUR 35 million|
|Number of monthly visits||circa 170,000 (2021|
|Product categories||refurbished electronics and accessories|
|Input language||Dutch, English, French, German|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||Refurbished.store|
To start selling on Refurbished.store, fill out the Brand application form. Your products and company details are then examined, and, if your application is approved, an account manager is assigned to assist you.
Refurbished.store does not charge a setup or monthly fee. However, it does charge a commission fee of 10%.
|Product content (HTML formatting not supported)||External fulfillment|
|Product offers||Cancelations (channel)|
|Product variations (size/color)||Pick-up point delivery|
|Shipments (no carrier mapping)|
Setting up each channel on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup
- Create a Product selection
- Complete the Categorization
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion
- Finish the Activation
- Check the Listed products overview
Refurbished.store does not require any settings or keys to be entered under ChannelEngine's Setup section. Because Refurbished.store uses the ChannelEngine Channel API, they connect to ChannelEngine instead of the other way around. Therefore, you need to provide your contact person at Refurbished.store with the following credentials so they can connect your account:
- Your account subdomain - https://[youraccount].channelengine.net
- The Channel API key, which can be found under the Setup section in the ChannelEngine back-end
Categorization on Refurbished.store is straightforward, and all categories are listed in English.
It is recommended that you map as many attributes as possible. The more you map, the greater the visibility of the product on the marketplace is. That, in turn, tends to lead to a higher conversion rate.
Required (all products)
- Brand - the product's brand. No values are provided, so you are free to map your own values.
- Cable included - state whether a cable is included or not.
- Charger included - state whether a charger is included or not.
- Color - the product's color.
- EAN - the product's EAN or GTIN.
- Title - the product's title.
Optional (all products)
- Unique selling points (3 items) - the product's USPs or highlights, without HTML tags.
- Catalog price - the product's original price, when sold new.
- Condition - state if the product is refurbished or not.
- Delivery time - the time until the product is delivered to the customer.
- Sale price - the product's price.
- Grade - the product's condition, if refurbished – ranging from A (five stars) to C (three stars).
- Cut-off time - the time from when the shipping time stated on the product page no longer applies.
There is no carrier mapping required on Refurbished.store. The information provided to ChannelEngine is the information passed on to Refurbished.store, without re-mappings or conversions.
Refurbished.store requires the prices to be submitted in EUR. If you do not have pricing attributes in EUR, you need to set up a currency conversion.
Refurbished.store does not provide feedback via the API, so if you need information regarding the status of a product you need to contact Refurbished.store.
Why are my shipments stuck as 'Not exported yet'?> Refurbished.store uses ChannelEngine's Channel API, ChannelEngine does not initiate the import and export of data to and from the marketplace. If your shipments are not exported and not visible in Refurbished.store's back-end, something is wrong with the import of the shipment information. Please contact Refurbished.store's customer service to investigate this. You can copy ChannelEngine's Support team in the email, if needed.