ePRICE: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Milan-based marketplace ePRICE. Here you can find information on how to request an ePRICE account, how to configure this channel on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
|Founded||21 March, 2007|
|Founders||Paolo Ainio, Pietro Boroli, Raul Stella|
|Area served (orders)||Italy|
|Revenue||USD 128.9 million (2020)|
|Number of monthly visits||circa 4 million (2021)|
|Commission||5-10%, depending on the category|
|Other costs||EUR 29.00/month|
|Product categories||media, electronics, sports equipment, toys, and more|
|Minimum number of SKUs||no|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||ePRICE|
To start selling on ePRICE, you need to create an account directly on their Marketplace website.
After you fill the form, an ePRICE account manager gets in touch with you. Provided that your request is approved, you are given an account.
By default, ePRICE's back-end is in Italian. You can change this by selecting your email address in the top right corner and selecting Lingua (Language).
ePRICE does not charge any setup fees, but it does charge a monthly fee of EUR 29.00, as well as a category-based commission ranging from 5% to 10%. For more information on this, consult ePRICE's commission table (PDF).
|Product offers (EAN matching)||Marketplace fulfillment service|
|Product content||Automatic relationships|
|Cancelations (merchant)||Cancelations (channel)|
|Product variations (sizes/colors)|
Setting up each channel on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup.
- Create a Product selection.
- Complete the Categorization.
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers.
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion.
- Finish the Activation.
- Check the Listed products overview.
ePRICE is a Mirakl-based channel, so you can connect it to ChannelEngine using a Mirakl Connect SSO account. For more information on this, check out the Mirakl-based channels: SSO authorization article.
You can leave the Mirakl seller name field empty, as ePRICE does not support repricing.
To configure your invoice settings, click Advanced settings. You can then click the dropdown menu Enable invoice uploading, which contains the following options:
- ChannelEngine invoices - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it automatically generates an invoice and attaches it to the shipment.
- Merchant invoices (optional) - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it exports it – even if there is no invoice attached to it.
- Merchant invoices (required) - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it only exports it if an invoice is attached to it. If not, you receive a notification.
- None - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it takes no action other than notifying you that no invoice is present.
Categorization is mandatory if you want to create or update existing product information on ePRICE. Both categorizations and mappings only result in updates if the content connection is enabled, and the relevant credentials have been entered (see the Setup section).
Although the categorization is straightforward, all categories are in Italian.
All products (required)
- External product ID - the most common practice is to map your EAN to this attribute. Make sure to use the correct value, matching the external_product_id_type.
- External product ID type - the type of the external_product_id. The options are EAN, ISBN, MPN, and UPC.
- Item name - the title of the product. Note that it must be in Italian.
- Item SKU - your SKU/Merchant product number.
- Main image URL - the location of the primary product image. Note that the URL must end with .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png, otherwise it does not pass the validation. E.g.: https://feeds.channelengine.net/tas.jpg).
- Manufacturer - the brand or manufacturer of the product. E.g.: Lamborghini.
- Product description - the main product description, in Italian. This field has a maximum of 2,000 characters, and does not support HTML.
- Recommended browse nodes - identifies the lowest level category in the product tree. E.g.: Zaini (backpacks).
- VAT - the default VAT percentage. E.g.: 22%.
- Website shipping weight - the total weight, including the package, of the shipped product in grams or kilograms.
- Website shipping weight unit of measure - the unit of measurement used for the total weight. E.g.: g or kg.
All products (optional)
- Bullet point - insert highlights with the characteristics of the product.
- Family code - an alphanumeric code used to group product lines as variants of the same model. The term '5S' stands for a cellphone of the same brand, with the only difference being the color of the cover. E.g.: 5S.
- Family description - indicates the description or the specification that refers to the field Family code. E.g.: red.
- Fulfillment latency - the average number of days to prepare and ship the product once the order has been received. If you do not insert a value, the system automatically calculates two days for the preparation of the package. E.g.: 3.
- Generic keywords 1-5 - a keyword to refer to the product. E.g.: health.
- Item weight - the net weight of the product, indicated without decimals. The unit of measurement is indicated in the field Item weight unit of measure. E.g.: 150.
- Item weight unit of measure - the unit of measurement referred to the gross weight of the product. E.g.: g or kg.
- Other image URL 1-7 - additional product images. The supported formats are JPG, GIF, PNG, with a minimum of 500 px, a white background, and no watermarks or logos. Note that the URL must end with .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png, otherwise it does not pass the validation.
- Part number - the vendor code, i.e.: the code created or assigned to the product by the vendor. It must contain a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 20 characters. In the absence of a part number, enter the EAN code. E.g.: SYNCMASTER 226BW.
- Product site launch date - the date when the product was launched on ePRICE. E.g.: 2021-06-01.
- quantity - insert the number of units that is in stock and that you want to sell for this product. E.g.: 5.
- Sale price - formatted with a maximum of two decimal points, without a separator for thousands and without the currency unit. E.g.: 148.78.
- Standard price - insert the sale price including VAT, without a separator for thousands and the currency unit. E.g.: 1547.45.
- Strikeout price - formatted with a maximum of two decimal points, without a separator for thousands and without the currency unit. E.g.: 3254.55.
Like most Mirakl-based channels, ePRICE does not have many Offer mappings. The only mandatory offer mapping is Price. This is your desired sale price, after price rules are applied.
Attributes such as Leadtime to shipment (the number of days before you ship the item), Logistic class (your optional shipping class), Offer state (the condition of your item), and Minimum quantity alert (so you receive a notification if the stock drops below a certain threshold) are common for Mirakl mappings.
Working with discounts
- Do not leave the Discount end date attribute unmapped. If you want to set a permanent discount, use a date in the far future instead. Otherwise the offer is not exported, and errors are shown under the Validation and feedback tab.
- If your discounted price is not lower than the base price, it is not exported.
- If you do not want to set a bulk discount, leave the Discount quantity threshold attribute unmapped – otherwise the export is broken.
- If you do want to set a bulk discount, the Discount quantity threshold must be set to a value higher than 1. E.g.: a value of 2 indicates that two or more of the product must be purchased at the same time for the buyer to benefit from the discount.
Carrier mapping is not required on ePRICE. However, you can map your carrier to a specific list of carriers maintained by ePRICE. This allows for working track-and-trace links in the back-end, as well as for the buyer. If your default carrier is missing, please contact ePRICE.
If the channel is automatically disabled right after you activate it, contact ePRICE and ask them to enable the uploading of files on their end. Once that is done, you can activate the channel again.
If you have problems with products not appearing on Mirakl-based channels – especially if you are trying to create products –, check the Listed products section for more information.
You can either filter on Channel status (Invalid for all products that ChannelEngine has not exported, such as products with an empty EAN or products that currently do not exist on the channel) or use the Validation and feedback tab to see all known errors for specific products.
You can see detailed status reports in their Mirakl back-end. These reports contain specific errors if a product or product offer cannot be created. To find them, go to My inventory, Import from file, Track offer imports/Track product imports. By hovering over the 'i' under the Status section, you can see how many products in the file were processed correctly and how many had errors, etc.
If there are errors, the last column shows a downloadable file in which they are listed. The same goes for the product file import, but this can contain multiple files because processing goes through several systems. There is also a manual check of your submitted content, which, once approved, goes to staging as well. Note that you need to map as much as possible to prevent products from not being created.
How often does each task run on Mirakl-based channels?
By default, Mirakl-based channels follow the schedule below:
|Export product data to channel||every 60 minutes|
|Export product offers to channel||every 15 minutes|
|Import product offers from channel||every 15 minutes|
|Import orders from channel||every 15 minutes|
|Export order shipments to channel||every 15 minutes|
|Export returns to channel||every 30 minutes|