HomeDeco: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Amsterdam-based marketplace HomeDeco. Here you can find information on how to request a HomeDeco account, how to configure this marketplace on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
|Amsterdam, the Netherlands
|Area served (orders)
|USD 5.8 million (2020)
|Number of monthly visits
|once/month (around the 15th)
|home and living
|Profile on ChannelEngine
To start selling on HomeDeco, you must first register as a seller on their Verkopen op HomeDeco (Sell on HomeDeco) page. This page lists some of the benefits of selling your products via HomeDeco. Note that the setup is entirely in Dutch, as HomeDeco focuses on the Dutch market.
Fill out all the required information to create your winkel (store), then submit the form. The general terms and conditions can be found on Voorwaarden voor verkopers (Conditions for sellers). Someone from HomeDeco contacts you to finalize the creation of your account, then you get access to your own store – which can be reached at: homedeco.nl/winkels/[NameOfYourStore]/admin/.
HomeDeco does not charge any setup or monthly fees, but it does charge 20% on every sale you do through their platform. This is higher-than-average commission, so it is not advised to sell low-margin products on HomeDeco.
|Marketplace fulfillment service
|Product variations (size/color)
Settings and configuration
Setting up each marketplace on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the marketplace:
- Go through the Setup.
- Create a Product selection.
- Complete the Categorization.
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers.
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion.
- Finish the Activation.
- Check the Listed products overview.
This marketplace does not require the addition of any IDs or keys on ChannelEngine's Setup page. Because it uses the ChannelEngine Channel API, it connects to ChannelEngine instead of the other way around. You need to provide your contact person at the marketplace with the following credentials, so they can connect your account:
- Your account subdomain (i.e.: https://[youraccount].channelengine.net/api)
- The Channel API key, which can be found on the Setup page of the marketplace on ChannelEngine
- Your product feed from ChannelEngine (see below)
HomeDeco uses ChannelEngine's product feed to fetch products, so it is important to share the correct URL with them. The feed, which is available both in CSV and XML, can be found on the Product selection page of the marketplace on ChannelEngine.
Note that a feed is only made available once a product selection is stored, and the export task has run for the first time.
Because HomeDeco uses ChannelEngine's Channel API, the mapping contains all standard ChannelEngine attributes. Some can be left empty, even though they are marked as required. However, it is recommended that you map as many attributes as possible. The more you map, the greater the visibility of the product on the marketplace is. This, in turn, tends to lead to a higher conversion rate.
All products (required)
- Brand - the product's brand. E.g.: Bamboosiness.
- Catalog price - the product's recommended price.
- Category - the product's category tree. E.g.: Verlichting > Tafellampen (Lighting > Table lamps).
- Color - the product's color. E.g.: groen.
- Description - the product's description.
- Details - the product's highlight. E.g.: Deze Bamboosiness tafellamp combineert stijl en duurzaamheid op een unieke manier (This Bamboosiness table lamp combines style and sustainability in a unique way).
- Extra image URL 1-9 - the product's additional images.
- GTIN - the product's unique identifier, such as its EAN.
- Image URL - the product's main image.
- Merchant product number - the product's internal identifier, such as its SKU. This attribute must be mapped to the Merchant product number, otherwise an error occurs when HomeDeco attempts to create an order.
- Name - the product's title. E.g.: Tafellamp Bamboosiness - Groen.
- Parent merchant product number - the Merchant product number of the product's parent, if applicable.
- Price - the product's price.
- Product URL - the link to the product detail page on your own website.
- Shipping cost - the cost to deliver the product.
- Shipping time - the average amount of time it takes to deliver the product. E.g.: 1-2 weken (1-2 weeks).
- Size - the product's size.
- Stock - the quantity of products available for purchase.
- Vendor product number - the product's internal identifier.
All products (optional)
- Discount percentage - if set to 'yes', the calculated discount percentage is included in your product feed.
- Purchase price - the product's purchase price.
There is no carrier mapping required on HomeDeco. You can even use an empty shipment method and tracking code for their shipments. However, the end customer does not receive any tracking information in this case, so it is recommended that you include this information – as it is done in most marketplaces.
HomeDeco does not provide feedback via the API, so if you need information regarding the status of a product you need to contact HomeDeco.
Why are my shipments stuck as 'Not exported yet'?
HomeDeco uses ChannelEngine's Channel API, ChannelEngine does not initiate the import and export of data to and from the marketplace. If your shipments are not exported and not visible in HomeDeco's back-end, something is wrong with the import of the shipment information. Please contact HomeDeco's customer service to investigate this. You can copy ChannelEngine's Support team in the email, if needed.