ChannelEngine: automatically anonymize orders
About this article
This article describes how to anonymize customer order data on ChannelEngine.
To comply with the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), ChannelEngine supports the anonymization of customer details within orders.
Anonymize customer data
There are two ways to anonymize customer order data on ChannelEngine:
- Automatically, after n months. During the onboarding process, you can provide your desired data retention period – which is then applied to ChannelEngine. Alternatively, you can keep the default retention period of 24 months. To change it, contact your customer success manager or a member of the Support team.
- Manually, by selecting this option in an order. After the order is completed (i.e.: closed, canceled, or returned), you can manually anonymize the customer's order data. This can only be done by users with sufficient user permissions within your tenant.
Once a week (02:00 GMT Tuesday), ChannelEngine anonymizes all orders that have passed the configured retention period. All sensitive customer data, such as names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses, are no longer visible.
Some clients want to have their personal data erased before the retention period passes. If that is the case, you can manually anonymize customer order data via ChannelEngine. To do that, the order should be completed and the refund eligibility period should be over. If these conditions are met:
- Log into ChannelEngine. In the left-hand side menu, go to Orders, Orders.
- Search for the order. You can filter your orders by Channel, Status, Order date, Type of fulfillment.
- Click the eye icon on the right-hand side to view the order details. On the Order details page, locate the Personal details section and click the Anonymize customer data button.
- In the confirmation modal that pops up, click OK to continue.
Article is closed for comments.