bol: LVB fulfillment shipments
About this article
This article describes ChannelEngine's process for bol's fulfillment shipments, aka Logistiek via bol (LVB).
Table of contents
ChannelEngine supports the pre-registration of fulfillment shipments on bol, i.e.: Logistiek via bol (LVB). You can create a shipment of items to be stored in bol's warehouse and used as LVB stock.
To do so, go to the ChannelEngine dashboard, click Products and click Fulfillment shipments.
In the default overview when opening fulfillment shipments, you see all shipments that have already been created, along with their statuses.
To add a fulfillment shipment:
- On the ChannelEngine dashboard, click Products, click Fulfillment shipments and click Add.
- Select which of the two bol channels you want to register your LVB shipment for: Belgium or the Netherlands.
- Replace the pre-generated reference number with your own value, and select the labeling type (either print and attach it yourself, or let bol do it for a fee) and the fulfillment center (i.e.: bol LVB).
- Click Save & Next.
- Add the products, either by searching for their Merchant product number or EAN, and their quantities to the shipment. The column Fulfillment by bol etc. indicates if the product is already sold as an LVB-item. This is relevant because in order to register incoming LVB stock, a product offer has to have an active LVB status on bol When registering products for LVB for the first time, select Export first before finalizing your shipment.
It is also possible to upload a list by importing a CSV file, though the following must be taken into account:
- The file must contain only columns: one for the Merchant product number and one for the number of the items shipped.
- The Merchant product numbers must match the values known on ChannelEngine, and be in the current product selection for bol. If you are using a production selection filter based on stock and the product you want to ship no longer matches that filter, you need to temporarily change your selection filter to make sure the product is included and exported to bol – even if the stock is zero.
- Once all the products that you want to ship to bol have been successfully added, double-check your list and select Save & Next.
- You can then select the carrier and the exported delivery date, including the timeslot.
- Select Finalize to complete your fulfillment shipment.
Once all these steps are completed, the status of the shipment changes to Draft. As long as the export to bol has not been done, it is still possible to make changes if products are not yet on LVB status.
As mentioned previously, products must have an active offer on bol (with the LVB fulfillment status) – even if there is no active LVB stock available. If you have products that are not marked as Fulfillment by bol, you can use the Export first option. This sets a fixed fulfillment override in the background, causing the product offers for all products in your shipment to be exported as LVB in the next offer export to bol.
If ChannelEngine gets the feedback that all relevant products are indeed set to LVB, you receive a notification and the option to export the shipment. Once that has been acknowledged by bol, the fixed fulfillment override for these products disappears and the regular fulfillment mapping becomes leading again.
Once the process is done, the status of the shipment changes to Exported.
The 'Fulfillment override' is not switching my stock location automatically, even though it is set to 'Automatic'. What is wrong?
To switch your stock location dynamically, ChannelEngine requires the Use fulfillment service setting to be enabled.
To enable the Use fulfillment service setting, do the following:
- Log into ChannelEngine, open your bol channel, go to Setup, Advanced settings and enable the Use fulfillment service setting.
For more details about LVB fulfillment, refer to the External fulfillment: FBS, LVB, FBC, and ZFS article.