LAMODA: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Moscow-based marketplace LAMODA. Here you can find information on how to request a LAMODA account, how to configure this channel on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
Channel-specific requirements and exceptions
|Founders||Alex Boch, Burkhard Binder, Florian Jansen, Niels Tonsen|
|Area served (orders)||Russia|
|Revenue||circa USD 721 million (2020)|
|Number of monthly visits||circa 15 million (2021)|
|Set-up cost||see the Associated costs section|
|Commission||see the Associated costs section|
|Other costs||see the Associated costs section|
|Payment||see the Associated costs section|
|Product categories||clothing and accessories, jewelry and watches, perfumes and cosmetics, shoes, bags, luggage, and more|
|Minimum number of SKUs||50|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||LAMODA|
How to request an account
To start selling on LAMODA, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Your product is presented in 50 articles or more.
- Your product labels are designed in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation.
- You are ready to exchange documents via electronic document management.
- You have a quality certificate or a letter of exemption.
- You are a legal entity, and you have permission to sell a trademark.
If your business meets those requirements, go to LAMODA's partner page (in Russian), read the information on it, and fill out their Partner questionnaire form. You should get a reply within two business days.
LAMODA does not publicly share details regarding the costs involved in its partnership program. Payments must also be discussed directly with them, during your business' onboarding.
|Product content||Carrier mapping|
|Returns (channel)||Cancelations (merchant)|
|Product variations (parent-child only)|
* Shipments can only be imported via ChannelEngine, not exported.
** Only fulfillment by LAMODA itself is supported.
Settings and configuration
Setting up each channel on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup
- Create a Product selection
- Complete the Categorization
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion
- Finish the Activation
- Check the Listed products overview
Channel-specific requirements and exceptions
To connect LAMODA with ChannelEngine, you need to gather the following credentials:
- API key - the API key for the Seller Center API, which can be copied from the LAMODA back-end under Integration Management > API.
- User ID - the username or email address used to log into the Seller Center, which can be copied from the LAMODA back-end under Integration Management > API.
- B2B platform client ID - the client ID to access the B2B API. LAMODA provides you with this during the onboarding.
- B2B platform client secret - the client secret to access the B2B API. LAMODA provides you with this during the onboarding.
The Action, Output format, and Request URL fields, found under Integration Management > API, can be left untouched.
Once you have the required credentials, log into ChannelEngine and go to your LAMODA channel.
Under the Setup section of your LAMODA channel on ChannelEngine, enter the following details:
- Seller Center API key - this is the API key copied from LAMODA's back-end.
- Seller Center user ID - this is the User ID copied from LAMODA's back-end.
- B2B platform client ID - provided by LAMODA during the onboarding.
- B2B platform client secret - provided by LAMODA during the onboarding.
The fields shown below are also visible, though no action is required as they are all filled out automatically:
- B2B platform access token - the OAuth token for the connection with the B2B API. This is filled out automatically.
- Username for notifications - a username you can create yourself to send to LAMODA, used by them to send notifications to ChannelEngine.
- Password for notification - a password you can create yourself to send to LAMODA, used by them to send notifications to ChannelEngine.
When you are done, make sure to click on Save at the bottom of the section.
Categorization on LAMODA is straightforward, and all categories are listed in English. Note that certain categories require a minimum price for products within it.
Like most fashion-focused marketplaces, several attributes must be mapped on LAMODA. Below you can find the required attributes under the All products category, but different categories may include different required attributes. Note that, although the attributes themselves are listed in English, many values provided by LAMODA are in Russian.
All products (required)
- Brand - the product's brand or manufacturer. Select a value from the dropdown.
- Color family - the product's color. Select a value from the dropdown. If the list does not contain the product's actual color, select the closest one. If the product has more than one color, select the main one. If that is not possible, select 'multicolor'. If the color selected differs significantly from the color shown in the product's image, it is rejected by LAMODA.
- Expiration - the product's expiration period. If that does not apply, select ?? ?????????? (or 'not set', in Russian).
- Functionality period - the product's service life. If that does not apply, select ?? ?????????? (or 'not set', in Russian).
- Gender - the product's target gender. Select a value from the dropdown. If the product is unisex. select 'common'.
- Guarantee period - the product's warranty period. If that does not apply, select ?? ?????????? (or 'not set', in Russian).
- Name - the product's title. HTML, abbreviations, colors, or models are not allowed.
- Producer - the product's manufacturer or authorized seller.
- Producer address - the address of the product's manufacturer's registered office.
- Production country - the country where the product was manufactured, written in Russian. E.g.: ?????? (or Italy, in Russian).
- Season wear - the product's season. Select a value from the dropdown. If that does not apply, select ?????? (or 'multi', in Russian).
- Size scale mp - the brand's size scale. Please refer to the template provided by LAMODA. E.g.: CL_W_INT.
- Size system - the brand's size system. Please refer to the template provided by LAMODA. E.g.: INT.
- Style - the product's style. Select a value from the dropdown. E.g.: ???????? (or 'evening', in Russian).
- Title - the product's title. Select it from the dropdown. E.g.: ????? (or 'stockings', in Russian).
- TN VED - the commodity nomenclature for foreign economic activities (TN VED). Please refer to the template provided by LAMODA.
There are no offer mappings on LAMODA, so all pricing must be set within the Price rules.
There are no carrier mappings on LAMODA. To be sold and shipped by LAMODA, your products must be stored in their warehouses.
LAMODA requires all prices to be submitted in Russian rubles (RUB). If you do not have pricing attributes in RUB, you need to set a currency conversion.
If you have problems with products not appearing on LAMODA, check the Listed products section for more information.
You can either filter on Channel status ( Invalid for all products that ChannelEngine has not exported, such as products with an empty EAN) or use the Validation and feedback tab to see all known validation/feedback errors for specific products. LAMODA's back-end can also be checked if you need further details.
Order extra data items
When an order is imported to ChannelEngine, ChannelEngine also fetches extra data items related to the order itself – or to order lines. This extra data is specific to this marketplace. An explanation of each can be found below:
||No||The shipping method name, taken from the delivery method in the channel order.|
* Conditional fields only display if the channel provided a value.
How often does each task run on LAMODA?
Tasks run according to the following schedule on LAMODA. Note that all tasks are pushed as part of the product data, there is no separate task related to offers.
|Export product data to channel||every 4 hours|
|Export product images to channel||daily, between 00:00 and 01:00|
|Import product feedback from channel||every 60 minutes|
|Import orders from channel||every 10 minutes|
|Import shipments from channel||every 20 minutes|
|Import returns from channel||every 20 minutes|
|Import channel fulfillment stock||every 60 minutes|
Article is closed for comments.