Amazon: how can I create country-specific product images?
About this guide
This is a guide on how you can use Amazon's product localization tool to create country-specific product images.
When you upload product images for an ASIN sold across more than one country, the same image is used across all Amazon countries where the product is listed. This can be less than ideal for product images containing infographics or text that you want to be displayed in different languages.
To help sellers provide localized product images, Amazon offers a tool that allows you to upload different images for products listed in other countries.
How can I create country-specific product images?
It is currently not possible to set country-specific images on ChannelEngine. This is because the functionality to upload such images per country is currently not available via Amazon's Selling Partner API, although this feature may become available in the future.
Until such time, you can use Amazon's own Country-Specific Upload tool to create your country-specific images. This tool can only be accessed via Amazon Seller Central.
- Login to your Amazon Seller account and go to Catalog, Upload images.
- On the Bulk Image Upload page, click Upload here to access the Country-Specific Upload tool.
- Click or drag your image into the Upload images section, select your desired country from the dropdown menu, and then click Submit images.
- If you want to upload multiple images, you must include them in a ZIP file named ASIN.zip. Upload the ZIP file instead of individual images.
- You can see whether images were successfully loaded by clicking on status report. ASIN's with the status SUCCESS-APPROVED have been uploaded to the designated country. listing
Country-specific image requirements
Amazon has some requirements regarding how images can be named and formatted before they are displayed.
- Image files must be named as follows:
ASIN.variant code*.file extension
- Zip files must be named as follows:
- Images must be in the format JPG, TIF, and GIF.
- File names must not include emojis or other special (non-ASCII) characters.
*Variant codes: the main image is named ASIN.MAIN.jpeg, with subsequent images named as ASIN.PT01.jpg, ASIN.PT02.jpg, ASIN.PT03,jpg etc.
Please sign in to leave a comment.