24S: marketplace guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Paris-based marketplace 24S. Here you can find information on how to request a 24S account, how to configure this channel on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
|Founded||6 June 2017|
|Area served (orders)||90+ countries|
|Commission||see the Associated costs section|
|Other costs||payments fees (2.5%) and transportation costs|
|Payment||monthly on the 20th|
|Product categories||fashion, shoes, bags, luggage, jewelry/watches, cosmetics/perfumes|
|Input language||Chinese, English, French, German, and Korean|
|Input currency||EUR, GBP, USD|
|Minimum number of SKUs||-|
|Profile on ChannelEngine||24S|
To request a merchant account, contact 24S via email. The following requirements apply:
- Your brand should belong to one of the following categories: luxury, designer, or contemporary.
- You should be able to provide high-quality service and fast delivery.
24S does not charge a setup or monthly fee. However, they do charge a commission, a rate at which is to be discussed.
|Product content*||Carrier mapping|
|Product offers||HTML formatting|
|Shipments||Marketplace fulfillment service|
|Product variations (size/color)|
* Whenever you add or update products, let your account manager at 24S know. Note that it can take up to ten working days for changes to be reflected on 24S.
** A marketplace that supports sales channels allows merchants to list and sell products across multiple markets (e.g.: countries, regions, and states), all from the same connection.
All credentials required to connect with ChannelEngine are provided to you by your account manager at 24S.
Go to the Setup page of your 24S channel and enter the following details in the Connection section:
- AWS access key - your Amazon Web Services (AWS) access key.
- AWS secret key - your AWS secret key.
- AWS region - the AWS region to which your account applies.
- Seller label - your unique merchant label.
- SFTP username - your SSH file transfer protocol (SFTP) username for product content, excluding images.
- SFTP password - your SFTP password for product content, excluding images.
- Image SFTP username - your SFTP username for images.
- Image SFTP password - your SFTP password for images.
- Seller name - the name of your company, used in the data exports.
- Languages - the languages in which your product content is displayed. Additional content attributes appear on the Mappings page based on your selection.
- Shipping point #1-10 - the unique ID of your warehouse(s). Note that you need to map the stock of each product available in each warehouse on the Mappings page. If you need more shipping points, contact your customer success manager or a member of the Support team at ChannelEngine. Split your shipping point IDs via an underline (_). E.g.: my_warehouse_CE.
- Use sandbox - enable this setting to test 24S in a sandbox (i.e.: a testing environment).
- Delay between full price and event price (h) - unless communicated otherwise, 24S needs 48 hours to process prices. Once 48 hours have passed, 24S can process event prices. If 24S makes an exception for a particular event, you can reduce this delay. However, make sure to change it back to 48 hours as soon as the price update is processed by 24S.
- Stock API call after offer export - once 24S has received your stock feed, you can enable this setting to allow for stock updates via ChannelEngine's Merchant API.
Click the Countries dropdown menu to select your desired sales channels. Additional offer attributes appear on the Mappings page based on your selection. Note that 24S requires at least one shipping point per sales channel.
Categorization on 24S is straightforward, and all categories are listed in English.
All products (required)
- Brand color name - the product's color, as specific as possible. E.g.: navy blue, instead of blue.
- Brand long SKU - the product grandparent's SKU, used to create variations. This ID is built by adding the size to the Brand short SKU. This ID cannot contain spaces or slashes. E.g.: model_a_cotton_blue_m.
- Brand model SKU - the product parent's SKU, used to create variations. Build this ID by combining the model name and another key feature of the product. For example: model_a_cotton
- Brand short SKU - the product child's SKU, used to create variations. This ID is built by adding the color to the Brand model SKU. For example: model_ a_cotton_blue
- Cites - if the product contains parts of wild animals or plants, you must disclose it according to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES). Otherwise, select 0 (zero).
- Collection - the product's collection. The options are: main collection, pre-collection, and runway collection.
- Generic color name - the product's generic color. If the product has more than one color, select 'multicolor'.
- HS code - the product's the customs tariff number. The maximum number of characters is 10.
Image #1 - the product's main image. The requirements are:
- Resolution - 1,920×1,080 px.
- File format - JPG, PNG, TIF, TIFF, PSD.
- Compression rate - 96 dpi.
- Maximum size - 5 MB.
- On-model pictures are mandatory for all categories.
- A packshot or ghost image is mandatory.
- An editorial picture can be added as a bonus.
- For unisex products, include pictures of male and female models.
- Made in - the country where the product was manufactured.
- MID - the product's manufacturer identity code (MID). If you have an available MID code, mapping it to this attribute is required. If you do not have an MID, leave this attribute blank and map the Manufacturing address attribute instead.
- Preferential origin - the country where the product's raw materials came from.
- Product description (EN) - the product's main description, which must apply to all variations. It cannot include the product's brand, color, or size. The maximum number of characters is 65,535.
- Product name (EN) - the product's name. The maximum number of characters is 35 and cannot include the product’s brand, color, or size.
- Product status - the product's status. The options are: seasonal and permanent.
- Product weight - the product's weight, in kg. E.g.: 0.4.
- Season - the product's season. The options are fall/winter and spring/summer.
- Seller SKU - the product's GTIN, such as its EAN. The maximum number of characters is 50.
- Year - the product's collection year. If it's a timeless piece, enter the date when it was manufactured.
All products (optional)
- Additional description (EN) - the product's additional description, which must apply to all variations. It cannot include the product's brand, color, or size. The maximum number of characters is 65,535.
- Care instruction - the product's care instructions. E.g.: do not dry clean.
- EAN - the product's GTIN, such as its EAN.
- Global exclusivity - if the product is exclusive to 24S, select 'yes'. Otherwise select 'no'.
- Go-live date - the date from when the product is available. The date format is DD-MM-YY. E.g.: 14-03-2023.
- HTS code - the product's harmonized tariff schedule, which is composed of the first six digits of the HS code plus the ISO code of the country from which it was shipped. Spaces and special characters are not allowed, and the maximum number of characters is 10.
- Image #2-10 - the product's additional images. See Image #1 for a list of the image requirements.
- Manufacturing address - the address of the product's manufacturer.
- Convert EUR price to - the country or countries to which your price in EUR applies.
- Convert USD price to - the country or countries to which your price in USD applies.
- [country] shipping point - the number of the shipping point, as configured on the Setup page, associated with this country.
- Price EU (incl. VAT) - the product's price in EUR.
- Price US (incl. VAT) - the product's price in USD.
- Shipping point #1 stock - the product's stock at your primary warehouse.
- Event discount [country] (EUR) - the discount valid for the product's price in EUR during a sales event, if applicable. Note that you must map a value in hundredths. E.g.: to map a 20% discount, enter the value 2000.
- Event discount [country] (USD) - the discount valid for the product's price in USD during a sales event, if applicable. Note that you must map a value in hundredths. E.g.: to map a 20% discount, enter the value 2000.
- Event end date [country] - the date until when the product's discounted price is valid, if applicable. The date format is YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss+00:00. 2023-03-14T12:34:00+01:00.
- Event name [country] - the name of the event, as communicated by 24S.
- Event start date [country] - the date from when the product's discounted price is valid, if applicable. The date format is YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss+00:00. 2023-03-14T12:34:00+01:00.
- Shipping point #2-10 stock - the product's stock at your additional warehouses, if applicable.
There is no carrier mapping on 24S.
Although it accepts other currencies on its website, 24S only supports prices in EUR, GBP, and USD.
24S does not produce any feedback. If you need information regarding the status of a product, get in touch with your account manager at 24S.
Order extra data items
When an order is imported to ChannelEngine, ChannelEngine also fetches extra data items related to the order itself – or to order lines. This extra data is specific to this marketplace. An explanation of each can be found below:
Order extra data
Every 24S order contains parcel documents that merchants must download and physically include in the shipping parcel. The type of document required differs per country, but examples include:
Parcel documents are added to the field
If an order contains a promotion amount, the promotion code is added as order extra data.
If an order contains a promotion amount, the amount is added as order extra data.
Order line extra data
If an order line was part of an event, the
If an order line contains a promo code amount, the
How often does each task run on 24S?
Tasks run according to the following schedule on 24S:
|Export product data to channel||every 24 hours|
|Export product offers to channel||every 24 hours|
|Import orders from channel||every 20 minutes|
|Import returns from channel||every 60 minutes|
|Export order shipments to channel||every 60 minutes|
|Export returns to channel||every 60 minutes|