Import ChannelEngine's OpenAPI/Swagger documentation into Postman
About this article
This article describes how to import ChannelEngine's OpenAPI/Swagger documentation into Postman via a link.
Import OpenAPI/Swagger documentation into Postman
To import ChannelEngine's OpenAPI/Swagger documentation into Postman:
- Go to the OpenAPI/Swagger page linked to your tenant. To do that, replace the word demo in the following URL with the name of your subdomain: https://demo.channelengine.net/api/swagger/index.html
E.g.: the OpenAPI/Swagger page for the tenant Sustainable Suits would be https://sustainable-suits.channelengine.net/api/swagger/index.html.
In the top right corner, select which API reference you want to import: ChannelEngine Merchant API or ChannelEngine Channel API.
- Click the link directly below the heading and copy the link address. The URL should have a JSON format. E.g.: https://demo.channelengine.net/api/swagger/merchant/swagger.json
- From your Postman environment, click Workspaces and select My workspace. From the sidebar, select either APIs or Collections (depending on whether you want to save the API reference to a collection) and click Import.
- In the Import dialog box, click the Link tab. Insert the link you copied in a previous step and click Continue.
- Keep the default settings and click Import. A new collection is created.
Now that ChannelEngine’s OpenAPI/Swagger documentation is saved locally, you can start making test API calls.
NB: before you can make API calls through the Postman interface, you need to provide your API key. For more information on that, check out the ChannelEngine: get API access article.
Article is closed for comments.