ChannelEngine: publish product images via Google Drive
About this article
This article describes the process to make your product images accessible via file storage and synchronization service Google Drive, so they are available on ChannelEngine and your selected marketplaces.
How to publish product images via Google Drive
To publish your product images via Google Drive, follow the steps described below:
- Upload all required images to a dedicated folder on Google Drive.
- Right-click the folder and click Share. Under Get link, click Change and select the option Anybody with the link.
- Change the format of each image's URL, replacing file/d/ with uc?id=.
- Remove the suffix /view?usp=sharing from the image's URL.
- Check the image's URL to see if it generates a direct link, which does not prompt you to log into Google Drive. To do so, open the URL using an incognito window of your browser. If you use Google Chrome, click the three-dot menu at the top-right corner of the browser and click New incognito window.
- If you have a large number of images to publish, copy and place all image URLs to a spreadsheet and use the Find and replace feature to: replace all instances of file/d/ with uc?id=; and replace all instances of /view?usp=sharing with a blank space.