Amazon: how to find inventory and processing reports
About this article
This article describes how to access the inventory report and the processing report on Amazon Seller Central.
Table of contents
Amazon Seller Central provides reporting to merchants that allow you to stay on top of your inventory management and optimize your sales. When exporting offers and content to Amazon, the following two reports are generated:
- Inventory report - serves as a snapshot of the products you have listed on Amazon at the moment the report is run. It provides an overview of your listed products, stock levels, and the number of units sold for each product. A full explanation of the inventory report can be found in the Seller Central article Download an inventory report.
- Processing report - allows you to review the status of your inventory file uploads. If Amazon encountered errors during the inventory file upload, an error message is indicated. You can use this report to troubleshoot and resolve any issues in your inventory file before re-uploading it to correct your listings. For more information about the processing report in the Seller Central article Review a processing report.
How to access inventory reports
- From the left sidebar on Amazon Seller Central, click Reports, Inventory reports.
- Select the report type Inventory report from the dropdown menu and click Request report. It can take up to 45 minutes for the report to generate, during which you can navigate away from the page. Reports that you generated previously are removed from this page after 30 days.
- When the report has the status Ready, click Download to download the TXT file.
- Open the file in Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet software to view its content.
How to access processing reports
- From the left sidebar on Amazon Seller Central, click Catalog, Add products via upload.
- Click the Spreadsheet upload status tab to view the current upload status of your inventory files.
- Click the button Download processing summary next to completed uploads to download a TXT file containing the report. You can open the report in a text reader such as Notepad to see the summary.
- If an uploaded inventory file contains an error, the status message Action required is displayed next to the filename. Click the Actions dropdown menu and select Complete drafts to view the items in the file that contain errors. The Original record number and SKU columns indicate which products have an error.
- Under Display in the left sidebar, you can choose to view uploads that were completed but contain products with an error or to view incomplete listings. The issue description indicates how to resolve the error and correct the listing.