About this article
This article describes the channel return and merchant return processes on bol.
Table of contents
While most marketplaces support a single kind of return, bol. supports both channel and merchant returns. Channel returns are initiated by the channel, and merchant returns are initiated by the merchant.
Returns are only exported to channels when the merchant marks them as Received, triggering a refund. As the process of marking returns as Received is the same for both kinds of returns, only the first step is split into individual sections in this guide.
For more information on returns, check out the ChannelEngine: returns article.
By default, bol. channel returns are imported every 15 minutes. These are marked as In progress and remain in this status until you mark them as Received. You can tell if a return has originated from the channel or the merchant by checking the Created by attribute.
Returns are imported and exported via the same task on ChannelEngine: Import returns from channel. There is no separate task to export returns to bol.
bol. channel returns are not imported if
- The original order is not available on ChannelEngine. This can happen if you previously handled the order via a different integrator, or if you did so manually.
- No order line can be matched with the item in the return. This can happen if a product has multiple EANs on bol. If the EAN on the original order line is not the same as the EAN on the return line, no product is matched and the return is not stored on ChannelEngine.
- No shipment is available on ChannelEngine for this return. This can happen if you handled the shipment manually or via a different system.
- The return is already processed manually in the bol. back-end. ChannelEngine only fetches unhandled returns, so if you handle it manually the return is not imported to ChannelEngine.
It is possible to create a merchant return on bol. via the ChannelEngine API and via the web interface, as long as there is at least a valid order line open to return.
Once the item or items that were marked for return are received, you can set the return to Received to trigger a refund.
Make sure that both the Accepted and Rejected quantities are filled in, and that the total is equal to the Returned quantity. Once all is set, select + Update to mark the return as Received.
- Three products have been marked for return. All three products were received, two were in acceptable condition and one was missing the original packing material and tags – so it cannot be accepted.
- Returned quantity = 3
- Accepted quantity = 2
- Rejected quantity = 1
- One product was marked for return. The product was received and is in acceptable condition.
- Returned quantity = 1
- Accepted quantity = 1
- Rejected quantity = 0 (make sure to enter zero as a value too)