How do I setup two-factor authentication?
About this article
This article describes how to enable two-factor authentication (2FA) for your ChannelEngine environment.
Enable two-factor authentication
To enable 2FA on ChannelEngine:
- Log in to a ChannelEngine account you have access to. As 2FA is set on the user level, it does not matter which account it is, as enabling or disabling is applied to your user for every account you can access.
- Select your account name in the top right-hand corner of the page and click Settings.
- Select the Using two-step verification box and click Save.
- Scan the QR code with the authenticator app, or enter the code manually.
- This should return a six-digit Verification code that you need to enter on ChannelEngine to set the 2FA.
- After 15 minutes of inactivity on ChannelEngine, you are prompted for a verification code before you can log back in.
If you still have access to your authenticator and can log in to ChannelEngine, follow the steps listed above, clear the Using two-step verification box, and click Save.
If you no longer have access to your 2FA app (e.g.: you have a new phone and forgot to back up the codes from the previous phone), contact ChannelEngine's Support team to disable 2FA for your account. Note that ChannelEngine must verify your identity before taking action.