How do I setup 2-factor authentication?
It is possible to use 2-factor authentication (or 2-step verification) for access to your ChannelEngine account. To enable (or disable) this, there are several steps required to set this up. This will also require the use of an authenticator app like Google Authenticator (we do not support 2FA via SMS).
To enable 2-factor authentication:
- Log into a ChannelEngine account you have access to. As 2FA is set on your user it doesn't matter which account it is (if you have access to multiple accounts/tenants), enabling or disabling will be applied for your user for every account you can access.
- Select your account name in the top right-hand corner of the screen and click Settings.
- On the next screen is where you mainly configure your notification preferences, however, it the top is a Settings tab where you can check Using two-step verification.
- Select the blue Save button in the bottom right-hand corner to save enabling 2-factor authentication.
- Scan the QR code with the Google Authenticator App (or similar app), or enter the code manually.
- This should return a 6-digit Verification code that you need to enter in order to set the 2FA. Press OK to verify the code and finalize 2-factor authentication for your ChannelEngine account(s).
- Every time you need to log in again (the default inactivity logout time is 15 minutes), you will get a prompt asking for a verification code.
If you still have access to your authenticator and can log into ChannelEngine, you can just follow the steps listed above and uncheck the Using two-step verification box (and Save).
Should you no longer have access (because you are using a new phone without access to the old one for example), you can contact us via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to disable 2FA for your account. Please be aware that we need to verify your identity and will request alternate means to verify that you are indeed the user in question.
Article is closed for comments.