About this article
This article describes bol.com's promotions feature and how to manage it within ChannelEngine.
Table of contents
ChannelEngine allows you to participate in bol.com's promotional campaigns, which are sales campaigns and price reductions such as Black Friday and Sinterklaas. Promoted products are highlighted on bol.com's front-end.
For more details on bol.com's promotions, check out the article Promotie in Bol.com campagnes (in Dutch).
To use bol.com's promotions feature, contact your customer success manager at ChannelEngine.
Below you can find the related requirements:
- You must have an evaluation rating of six or higher.
- Your price has to be below the maximum promotion price (see below), and you must have the buy box (or koopblok on bol.com). I.e.: lowering the price below the maximum price may not be enough to participate.
- bol.com can reduce their fee on promoted products.
Once the setting is enabled by your customer success manager, ChannelEngine imports the promotions once every night. During the import, ChannelEngine matches your listed products with the products in the promotions.
The imported promotions are shown under Pricing, Promotions. There you can see the currently active promotions, as well as the future promotions.
Click the View button to see which of your products are eligible for the promotion:
If your price is below the maximum promotion price and you have the buy box, you are automatically enrolled in the promotion. If not, you can set the price below the maximum promotion price to try.
The price you set is exported during the period of the promotional campaign.
Import your promotions in bulk
You can also manage your promotions via a CSV file, which you can export to or import from ChannelEngine.
To manage promotions via a CSV file:
- On the Pricing page, click the Promotions tab, and click Export to CSV to create a file with your current promotions. Alternatively, click Upload CSV to import an existing file to ChannelEngine.
- To set a new price for your products, navigate to the Actions column and click the button.
- Go to the Set prices column to enter the new values.
This template sheet contains all required attributes. You can download it and use it, instead of creating a sheet from scratch.
Are price and/or reprice rules still active on promotion products?
The promotion price overrides the price calculated by the price rules and reprice rules, but not the manual price override for fee reductions, which takes precedence.
Can I assign the same product to more than one active promotion?
Although bol.com does support the inclusion of the same product in multiple active promotions, that is currently not possible on ChannelEngine. If you do include the same product in more than one active promotion, only the last inclusion is taken into account.
I cannot see the promotion price in the bol.com back-end. Why is that?
The promotion price is set to the regular exported price. It is not visible in on promotion management pages in the bol.com back-end as the promotion price (or promotie prijs), only as the current price (huidige prijs) if the promotion is active.