Mirakl-based marketplaces: automatic invoicing
About this article
This article describes Mirakl's automatic invoicing, and how to enable this feature on ChannelEngine.
Table of contents
Marketplaces that use the Mirakl framework for their back-end offer an alternative to manually uploading invoices for your orders. During each shipment export, ChannelEngine can automatically upload the order invoice in PDF format and attach it to the order.
To enable the automatic upload of invoices on Mirakl-based marketplaces:
- Go to the Setup page and click Advanced settings.
- Next to the setting Enable invoice uploading, select one of the dropdown menu items.
- Click Save to save your changes.
ChannelEngine invoices - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it automatically generates an invoice in PDF and attaches it to the shipment before exporting it. The uploaded file name is in the format
- Merchant invoices (optional) - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it exports it – even if there is no invoice attached to it.
- Merchant invoices (required) - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it only exports it if an invoice is attached to it. If not, you receive a notification.
- None - when ChannelEngine receives a shipment, it takes no action, other than notifying you that no invoice is present.
The next time ChannelEngine exports shipments, your invoice upload settings is applied – and an invoice for each order is created (if applicable). Note that this does not apply to past orders, only new orders from the moment the invoice uploading setting is enabled are updated.
How does ChannelEngine avoid creating duplicate invoices?
To avoid generating duplicate invoices, ChannelEngine checks the value of the key
invoice_uploaded in the extra data of each order. If the value for this key is
yes, then the invoice upload is skipped for that particular order, as it already has an invoice attached.