eBay: how to set up multi-buy volume discounts
About this article
This article describes eBay's multi-buy feature, and how to configure it on ChannelEngine.
Table of contents
Multi-buy is an eBay feature available to business sellers that allows you to offer a tiered discount when buyers purchase multiple items. The following applies:
- This feature is only available on eBay Australia, Germany, Spain, France, United Kingdom, Italy, and United States.
- You can configure up to three volume discounts.
- Every volume discount is a combination of quantity and percentage discounts, where the quantity acts as a minimum order quantity for the specified price.
- eBay indicates that this tool can help increase sales by 10%.
- If you are interested in using this feature, please contact your Customer Success Manager or contact us via email.
To set up these volume discounts, follow the steps below:
- Go to Mappings > Offer mappings on your eBay channel.
- Set the attribute Map promotion to 'yes' for the products you want enrolled.
- Set the Percentage discount attribute according to the number of pricing tiers you want. The percentage must range from 5% to 80%, increasing with each tier.
- Once you have set up the discounts, select Save.
- The discounts are exported in the In the next scheduled 'export offers to channel' task.
- Note that you cannot fill in all Percentage discount fields. Only one discount can be applied per tier.
- The Percentage discount attribute only accepts numerical values. Do not add the percentage symbol.
- The products shown above are have a regular price of 18.90.
- When customers buy a quantity of two, they enjoy a 5% discount.
- When customers buy three or more, they enjoy a 7% discount.
- There is no pricing tier for a quantity of four or more.
* This is not the same product used in the example above.