Mirakl-based channels: SSO authorization
About this article
This article describes the single sign-on (SSO) authorization process for Mirakl-based marketplaces, and how to set it up.
Table of contents
Many marketplaces use the Mirakl framework. In the past, authorization was done by submitting an API key, but more and more marketplace systems are switching to a form of open authentication – specifically OAuth 2.0.
Mirakl is no exception, and they have added the option to directly authorize remote access to the Mirakl environment for specific client and marketplace combinations. This is done via an SSO account, so in theory, you have a single user account which can be used to log into every Mirakl marketplace's back-end you have access to.
E.g.: if you are connected to Blokker, Leen Bakker, and vidaXL, you can log into all three marketplaces with the same generic user.
While hundreds of marketplaces use the Mirakl platform as their marketplace back-end, these are the Mirakl-based channels supported by ChannelEngine.
Most probably, your account is migrated to a Mirakl Connect SSO account automatically. However, if you are unable to authorize the channel with your marketplace login, you must request a Mirakl Connect SSO account.
Managing Mirakl SSO accounts and marketplaces is done via Mirakl Connect. Any administrator for a Mirakl marketplace can invite new or existing users by going to Administration > Invite new user.
Select Stores to see an overview of all the marketplaces and stores your account has access to.
If you forget your password, go to Mirakl Connect and use the Forgot your password option to reset it. Note that after resetting your password and logging in, the next login triggers a prompt to validate the account with a verification code sent via email.
This Mirakl Connect SSO account is also the one you need to use when authorizing ChannelEngine to set up a connection with the Mirakl marketplace.
To authorize the connection with ChannelEngine, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Setup section on your Mirakl-based channel.
2. Scroll down to the section Authorize ChannelEngine.
3. Select the Authorize button. A login popup from Mirakl appears. This popup should show a Mirakl Connect logo, and the URL should begin with login.mirakl.net.
4. Enter your Mirakl Connect credentials, first the email and then the password. Select Sign in.
5. You are then presented with a confirmation screen. Select Accept to continue.
6. Once you accept, the authorization is done and the Authorize button on ChannelEngine becomes green.