ChannelEngine: Ideas Board
About this article
This article describes ChannelEngine's Ideas Board, and how to use it.
Table of contents
As ChannelEngine grows and its products evolve, it becomes even more important to take customers' and partners' feedback into account when planning features.
ChannelEngine's Ideas Board was created to provide customers and partners with a platform for that kind of feedback, as well as the ability to look into what features are already planned – and which ones have already been launched.
To work with ChannelEngine's Ideas Board, you need to have access to it.
- Submit a support request, in which you indicate that you request access to Ideas Board.
- Once you are granted access, you receive an email with instructions to create a password for your Ideas Board account.
- Log in to your account on Ideas Board.
Browse through existing ideas
Before submitting a new idea to ChannelEngine's Ideas Board, make sure to go through the existing ideas:
- In the top right corner, click Requests and select All from the dropdown list.
- In the ChannelEngine suggestions popup that opens, search for an idea. You can narrow down your search by applying the following filters:
- Status - the request status.
- Created by [entity] - the person who created the request.
- Request type - the request type.
If you find an idea similar to yours, click on it to have a full view of the request. Here, you can track the request’s activity, view and add comments, as well as observe changes in the status.
To track changes in the request, enable the Notifications on setting. Click the Share button in the right panel to share the idea with others and keep them updated.
Add a new idea
If you do not see any ideas similar to what you want to propose, click the Submit a request button at the center of the screen. The following input must be provided when submitting a new idea:
- Summary - provide a short description of your idea.
- Problem statement - provide a broader description of your idea, focusing on the problem you would like to see solved – rather than on how you would do it. If you have a relevant example that can help you describe the idea, make sure to mention it.
- Description - additional information.
- Impact - rate the importance of your idea, from minor/localized to extensive/widespread:
- Extensive/widespread - the idea greatly improves your revenue or processes.
- Significant/large - the idea improves your work, but there is a workaround available.
- Moderate/limited - the idea suggests a moderate improvement, it is a nice-to-have feature.
- Minor/localized - the idea suggests a minor improvement.
- Attachment -attach files that clarify or support your idea. E.g.: a screenshot of your ChannelEngine environment.
- Share with - specify the visibility of your request. Select Share with ChannelEngine to make your idea visible to others.
When you are done, click Send.
Track the request status
All requests are processed and reviewed by ChannelEngine. Subsequently, ChannelEngine decides if the idea is going to be worked on and how.
Throughout this process, you can keep track of the status of your request. The following statuses apply:
- To do - the request has not been reviewed yet.
- In review - the request has been sent for initial analysis.
- Deprioritized - the request will be reviewed later.
- Prioritized - the request has been evaluated as important and is to be implemented.
- In Progress - the request has been handed over to the development teams for implementation.
- Done - the request has been implemented and is soon to be released.
- Declined - the request has been declined.