ChannelEngine: how do I remove a channel?
About this article
This article describes how to remove a channel on ChannelEngine.
When you remove a channel from your ChannelEngine environment, the products listed on that channel are not automatically deleted. Products will remain online and are still available for sale, but you cannot see those orders in ChannelEngine.
Therefore, before you delete a channel, you must first remove the products by:
- Setting your product selection to 0 (and wait for at least an hour)
- Manually removing everything in the backend of that channel
To remove a channel:
- On ChannelEngine, go to the channel that you want to remove.
- On the Setup page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Remove channel.
- Click Confirm to remove the channel from your ChannelEngine account.
It is crucial to first remove the products listed on the channel, and only then click Remove channel. If you fail to do this, the connection between the channel and ChannelEngine breaks – which causes the following issues:
- The products you have currently listed on the channel remain active.
- Any open orders you have on the channel remain open and cannot be updated.